cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly payment change?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Basically I have 2 phones in my name and coming out of my bank account, one of which was my boyfriends phone, we have since split and I was wondering am I allowed to change the payment details to his account for his phone? Even if it's still in my name?

Thank you
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

i underdtsand that, but you never know, its just throwing it out their, when i split we my ex we got on a lot better then we did in a relationship slight_smile 

Message 11 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 have revised their policy regarding name changes, as I said previously, it is no longer possible.
The only way to get your name off the contract is to cancel it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

i stand corrected, I thought you could still do a change of ownership my appoligies.... slight_smile 

Message 13 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Absolutely right to show all the options... whichever suits the op best in her situation.

I was just looking at it from the personal perspective...and showing my concern at what 'may' be a problem for the op ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally would get the phone back and sell it to put towards paying off the contract
Message 15 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I agree - It's the only clean way of doing it.
Your ex can still retain the number for his own contract if it's important to him.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

if its a high end handset i.e. iphone5s o2 will buy it back at 260 i found this out the other day as im looking at paying off phone fund and going for the s5 so thats a viable option, also mazumma mobile are pretty good, but again we dont know the full situation of the personal circs and im sure the OP dont want to go through all that with a bunch of randoms on here... slight_smile lots of options availible to her but the choice as always is down to the indervidual... 

Message 17 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh how I love being called 'A bunch of randoms' ....HorrifiedLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

was just a figure of speech slight_smile