Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go SIM stopped working

namsupo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Pay & Go SIM has stopped working; I suspect this is because I haven't  used it for some time. Normally I use it whenever in the UK and when not I have a reminder to make a call periodically to keep it alive but for some reason I missed the last one, so I think it may have been more than 6 months since it was used.

Is there any way to get the number reactivated? If not, is it possible to get a refund of the credit I had?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @namsupo

You could ring Customer Services and ask if they can reactivate it http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

Unless thery have reallocated this number you should be OK. To keep it active in future you will need to make a chargeable call every 6 months which you obviously missed this time. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @namsupo

You could ring Customer Services and ask if they can reactivate it http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

Unless thery have reallocated this number you should be OK. To keep it active in future you will need to make a chargeable call every 6 months which you obviously missed this time. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It all depends how long. After a certain period the number gets reallocated.
If it hasn't been too long CS will reactivate it for you and your credit will be applied 24 hours after reactivation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I had one reactivated after 10 months for my son who lives in Berlin and only comes home once a year. A quick call should sort it.

Message 4 of 8

namsupo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for your advice, I was able to get it reactivated using the online support chat Bouncy

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@namsupo wrote:

Thanks all for your advice, I was able to get it reactivated using the online support chat Bouncy

Really good news @namsupo wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Pleased it worked out for you
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions