cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping somebody can help. I got a text today telling me I'd used all my data allowance for this month. Downside is that my new month allowance doesn't start till Friday. I thought that it'd be fair enough, I'd just have to pay for anything I used between now and Friday, but it now seems that the internet on my phone isn't working at all. Can anyone tell me if they've come accross the same thing? It just seems bizarre to me that o2 (or any phone provider for that matter) would miss out on the chance to get any cash out of customers wherever possible!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Did you check in your Myo2 to see what allowances were remaining ?

If your using a smartphone then some have data counters within the settings which show what app used how much data.

Also take into account that some apps work in the background and update. Ie weather and locations.
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It is £6 for 500MB so the message was most likely confirmation of your new bolt on.
Keep data off unless you need to use it so you can control usage better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12