cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping somebody can help. I got a text today telling me I'd used all my data allowance for this month. Downside is that my new month allowance doesn't start till Friday. I thought that it'd be fair enough, I'd just have to pay for anything I used between now and Friday, but it now seems that the internet on my phone isn't working at all. Can anyone tell me if they've come accross the same thing? It just seems bizarre to me that o2 (or any phone provider for that matter) would miss out on the chance to get any cash out of customers wherever possible!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Do this to ensure customers don't run up huge bills as the cost of data is comparatively high. It is a safety net to protect you.

As @Anonymous has advised you are able to buy a data bolt on to provide more data this month either at myo2 or by calling customer services on 202 for free.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
For contracts customers it simply stops.

You can buy more as a bolt on via your myo2.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
More here ref the available bolt ons.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons

If this happens regular then again have a look in your Myo2 to see if an alternative tariff is available containing more data or speak to Customer Service on 202.

Or Continue To buy bolt ons when necessary.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Do this to ensure customers don't run up huge bills as the cost of data is comparatively high. It is a safety net to protect you.

As @Anonymous has advised you are able to buy a data bolt on to provide more data this month either at myo2 or by calling customer services on 202 for free.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can buy 100MB for £3 or 500MB for £6 but the default setting is that data stops when used up now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately it seems I can't buy a bolt on as I've already arranged to upgrade my contract to a tariff with more data from next month. Whenever I try to add a bolt on, it tells me I'd need to cancel the change first, which obviously I don't want to do as I want the new tariff from next month.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case you will need to access wifi everywhere you can instead of using ota
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Customer service may be able to add a bolt on manually if you give them a call. Otherwise, as suggested, just use wifi.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

If this was me I'd leave this alone now until the change of tariff occurs.

Welcome to the forum too. slight_smile
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I've got the same message though I just topped up my account last night. I don't download pictures, videos or music on my mobile. Use it only for texts and calls and to check my emails.

I'm going to complain. Similar situation happened a month ago. I had to buy bolts for £6. But when I bought it, O2 said that I still have 500MB from my package?! It seemed O2 maid me to buy additional service with no reason for that. 

Message 10 of 12