cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do O2 still accept written cancellation of contracts. I keep trying to call the 202 number as the twitter feed has told me that I have to call to cancel but keep being put on hold for in excess of 30 minutes and then cut off. I've tried for the last 5 days but still haven't spoke to anyone. O2 customer service is shocking and I am now determined to leave O2 even if they try to tempt me.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes you can cancel by letter. Send a registered/recorded letter to :

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

If you want to keep your number request a PAC in the letter.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes you can cancel by letter. Send a registered/recorded letter to :

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

If you want to keep your number request a PAC in the letter.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help Threads here

Pac Code http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Cancel contract http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

If your phones locked to the O2 network then it's an idea to get it unlocked which is free for contract customers and £15 for payg (T&C apply)

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Please ensure your new network gives good signal by checking out their payg sims.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your replys. I'll sort a letter out and post it to them

Message 4 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If what you want to do is cancel and move to another network and still keep your number, the easiest way to do this is to ask Customer Services for your PAC. Once you give the code to your new provider, it automatically cancels your O2 contract and you will then receive a final bill for any monies still owed to O2. Much simpler than having to write a letter to cancel, unless your reason for writing is to have a rant. Should you still want to do it by written letter, make sure you send it by registered post so that it's signed for at the other end.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As Bambino says, if you are taking your number there's no need to write in - You do still have to call to get your PAC though 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 customer service is almost non existent. It doesn't matter when you phone or what day you phone they are always " too busy to take your call". Does anyone actually work in customer services? Has anyone actually spoken to anyone in customer services? They may have all been sucked into a black hole and in suspended animation somewhere in the universe.
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They certainly aren't the easiest to contact at the moment that's for sure.

Is there something we can help with or is it account related?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S5 a week ago and decided to return it the next day because I didn't like the phone.  O2 have confirmed, twice, that they received the phone back on Monday this week.  Because they have changed my account/tarrif to reflect the S5, until they take this off my account record, I am unable to order another phone without paying the £480 for the Samsung as it is still showing that it's oustanding, despite them having the damn phone.  On two seperate occasions (Tuesday night and Wednesday night this week), I have spoken with the so called Guru's.  They have both promised me that I would be able to order the phone I want by this morning, for delivery tomorrow.  Lo and behold the Samsung is STILL on my account.  I'm fed up with talking to the numpties on the 'online chat' and personally I think they are talking the proverbial.

Ideas anyone?

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Only CS can do anything account related - You will just have to keep calling until you find someone capable of performing a simple task.....

Escalating to complaints may be an option for you but it can take a while to get a response http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14