cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac Reversal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined O2 on the 5th of July using a pac code to transfer my number over. I get terrible connection at work so I decided to cancel. I spoke to customer services yesterday about this and told them I wanted to keep my number. I got a voicemail today saying I could call up and receive my pac code as I wanted to keep my number. 

So I called backed today and was told if O2 did issue a pac code it would not work as the number has only been with o2's netword for 1 week. Apparently I need to call my old network provider and ask for a pac reversal?

Anyone had an experience like this? Unfortunately I cant get through to Three as their phone lines are down 😞

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 4 days on the phone and on live chat I finally got my pac code and have successfully ported my number over. If they try this with any of you do not give up, this whole pac reversal business is a farce. O2 had my pac code all along but somehow managed to not give it to me. 

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Nope, never heard of it.
I would of thought once it is working on O2's network it is up to them to release it......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

I'm surprised Cs on 202 advised this.

I've not heard of a waiting time to get a PAC from O2.

Ref connection have you checked here http://status.o2.co.uk/ via your postcode. It may just be a temporary mast issue.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep spoke to someone on 202. It was weird though because I got a voicemail saying I could phone up for my Pac code. The guy said the number needs to be on O2 for 30 days before they can issue a working pac code.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well every days a school day !

If this was me I would give another call to speak to another agent, just to clarify what you've been told is correct.
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm not 100% sure but I thought you had to be with a new provider for 30 days before you could request a PAC. It may be your best option would be to call Three when their systems are back on line to find out the procedure.

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You could also try tweeting Three if the phones aren't working @ThreeUKSupport
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to the live chat and them guys dont have a clue 😞

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live Chat are non Uk Outsourced Call-centres who are ok for Low a Level General Enquiries.
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke to the live chat and them guys dont have a clue 😞

Such a feeling of deja vu re this comment. Time and time again we hear it...yet nothing is ever done?

Cynical me...I suppose the experts on this forum..giving advice for free and in their own time, means that the problem will never be resolved...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17