Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG but have to have big bundle?

UK_sparrow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just want PAYG, whereas what's on offer is more like a monthly contract. Not the same thing. I rarely use my mobile so £10pm is too much. Looks like that is automatically taken, so I would need to try to keep my balance below that. A hassle. Hoping I've got this wrong! Missing network 3,but not option.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have used live chat on a few occasions successfully, it's worth bearing in mind that with about 24 million customers, the number of complaints seen here is very small.

This suggests that the majority of calls and live chat issues are dealt with result with in a satisfactory manner.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93185 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well we have seen no major changes which would indicate that o2 are happy with it. 

Message 22 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well we have seen no major changes which would indicate that o2 are happy with it. 

I suspect that's probably more to do with the fact that O2 have a vastly superior back up 'live chat' facility. It's called the O2 Community Forum. Unless it's an account based issue (where we advise people to avoid live chat anyway), this place probably resolves the majority of problems. In fact we have seen posters being directed here by live chat......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 44

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok 02 do a tariff called o2 basic where calls are 15p per min and txt 5p you need to call up the cancellation department and they can do it for you live chat have no option on there system to change to the o2 basic tariff,
Message 24 of 44

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@la7 wrote:
Ok 02 do a tariff calledo2 basic where calls are15p per min andtxt5p you need to call up the cancellation department and they can do it for you live chat have no option on there system to change to theo2 basic tariff,

We're waiting on clarification to see if that still exists (for new connections).

The link on the website to that tariff has now been withdrawn.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@la7 wrote:
Ok 02 do a tariff calledo2 basic where calls are15p per min andtxt5p you need to call up the cancellation department and they can do it for you live chat have no option on there system to change to theo2 basic tariff,

We're waiting on clarification to see if that still exists (for new connections).

The link on the website to that tariff has now been withdrawn.

I haven't been able to access the BasicTariff info for the past 2 weeks. This is what you get from the link....

CaptureBasic.JPG

It would help if @Toby or @Anonymous could confirm whether it's still available?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is the International sim, which offers UK call charges at 25p a minute:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-charges-terms-intsim

But obviously as the name suggests, the biggest savings are to be made for the international calls. It does however give the user a simple PAYG tariff rather than a monthly bundle:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/international-sim-terms-and-conditions

Edit: to add clarification
Message 27 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add further clarification, there is a modest UK allowance of O2 to O2 mins, texts and data which is added each time you top up, but the essential difference with this tariff, is that you keep the original credit, as explained in clause 9 of the T&Cs:

"In addition to the monthly allowances described at clause 8, you will still keep the amount you have topped up to be used as credit for further calls, texts and data outside of the allowances specified here."

Message 28 of 44

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Same applies to the "Big Talker" tariff too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the basic tariff was discontinued
Message 30 of 44