cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG annual cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I'm trying to find out how much I have paid in top-ups for my Sony experia J in the last 12 months. I can't find anywhere in "My O2" where this info is available. I would like to know, as there may be a cheaper deal available with a contract, even with a different provider. I am on an "original" deal, and to be honest, I have been with O2 for so many years, yet all I get is the bog standard 10% on top-ups. My Missus gets hundreds of free texts every time she tops up and it's a bit of a downer as I've always been with O2, since the mobile phone was the size of a house brick. BT are now doing a £5 a month deal with loads of minutes, heaps of texts and 500Mb of date for a SIM only deal and it sounds very attractive, but I need to be able to compare. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
My O2 for my payg account doesn't work so I can't look for you but I would assume cs would be able to tell you if you gave them a call on 4445 or ask on live chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
My O2 for my payg account doesn't work so I can't look for you but I would assume cs would be able to tell you if you gave them a call on 4445 or ask on live chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

When I was on PAYG I rang O2 CS on 4445 to ask about my annual top up total. It was this info that convinced me to go to Contract wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good advice guys, but I'm hard of hearing (hence the importance of free texts) and these customer services calls are a nighmare for me, especially if they originate from the Sub-Continent. I can't check via my debit card transactions, as SWMBO uses the same card to top her mobile up too and we have no record of which phone was being topped up.
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

My nearest O2 store is miles away. Surely it shouldn't be neccessary to go to the shop when just about everything on the planet is available online?

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Have you tried live chat as I suggested above - it's just the same as using the forum but they can see your account details.....?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I used live chat for the info. Apparently they can only check back for 1 year, and they couldn't tell me how much was left on the phone before my last top-up. Biggest surprise was, I last topped up the phone in June last year, and that was £15!!.  I must be the meanest O2 customer on Earth.

BT are offering their Broadband customers ( I'm about to become one), unlimited wi-fi, 500Mb data, unlimited texts and 200 minutes of calls a month for £5, for a SIM only deal. Seemed like a great deal, but if I've used £15 since June last year, I'm better off staying with O2. ( what I couldn't quite is the "unlimited" Wi Fi, yet the 500Mb of data. How does that work then.?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
The 500mb of data is mobile data to use when you don't have a wifi connection, but if you only use phone for calls and texts it's not required that you have either.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for that. All clear now. To be honest, there are so many hot-spots and free wi-fi pubs etc, that I probably wouldn't really need the data unless when travelling in the wild and wooly hinterland. I mostly use a Nexus tablet for browsing when I'm away from home. Maybe SWIMBO will get the BT deal as she uses her phone a helluva lot more than I do (what a surprise):whistler:

Message 10 of 12