O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
celor

PAY AS YOU GO PHONE TIME LIMITFOR TOP UPS

I have just found out the hard way that you must top up every 999 days or your sim is frozen as its used as a emergency only phone it still had plenty of credit and was used last week. cheers rolec
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
smilin_assassin

if you ring o2 they will reconnect & readd any credit that was on there , you will still need to top it up b4 midnight on the day of connection to keep connected or else it will disconnect again.
Please use plain text.
stephencl

just had the same problem,phoned customer services,sim cannot be reregistered and top up now has to be every 6 months,same as for calls.
Please use plain text.
Tom_Billinge_o2

Pay & Go Top Up

Pay & Go Topping up every 6 months

Just Checked (10/4/2009) Terms and Conditions on O2 Web Site
(Last updated June 2008)

Only one reference to 6 Months is
7.1 If you do not make or receive a chargeable call at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected (must make a call)

No reference to Topping up every 6 months

O2 have broken their contract. Is O2 a company you can trust?
Please use plain text.
smilin_assassin

just had the same problem,phoned customer services,sim cannot be reregistered and top up now has to be every 6 months,same as for calls.

this is incorrect , you need to make a top up within 999 days , 6 months you have to make a chargeable call & sim can be reconected, advisor prob couldnt be bothered.
Please use plain text.
psargents1

I am new to this forum and haven't used one before but I have to try and let everyone who has been caught by this 999 day top up rule to complain as there is no such t&c. I had £30 on my phone when they disconnected me. When I phoned CS about it they said they would reconnect me but if I did not top up within 24 hours I would be disconnected again.
I complained to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and in one of the replies they even said it was a new rule and hadn't been put in the t&cs yet !!!!
This phone was not my main mobile but one that I leave in the car for emergencies so if I was in one I would have been without this possible lifeline
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
Jawswing

I am new to this forum and haven't used one before but I have to try and let everyone who has been caught by this 999 day top up rule to complain as there is no such t&c. I had £30 on my phone when they disconnected me. When I phoned CS about it they said they would reconnect me but if I did not top up within 24 hours I would be disconnected again.
I complained to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and in one of the replies they even said it was a new rule and hadn't been put in the t&cs yet !!!!
This phone was not my main mobile but one that I leave in the car for emergencies so if I was in one I would have been without this possible lifeline

You don't need an active SIM to dial 999.
Please use plain text.