cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code requested, saying account terminated but available if I pay £196?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've had nothing but trouble with my account management since I took my second device in July 2014 and after a period of repeated disconnections (payment failed due to being requested from old bank account, brought up to date by card and still disconnected three times during week of my Grandfather's death and funeral...) I've had enough. I've requested my PAC code and been told around ten different versions of why it's unavailable, ranging from "systems being down", to the need to pay a £30 admin fee, to the account being terminated and the pac code therefore being useless even if provided, to the most recent one, £196 being required to be paid within seven days for the pac code to be issued. My last bill was attempted to be debited (STILL from old incorrect bank account) on 26 Nov, yet I'm told my account has been terminated. I don't know if this is just a way of getting around the ofcom regulations, ie terminated account is justifiable reason for refusal to issue pac code. What I'm concerned about is that I've had this phone number for many years and while this is all being argued about my friends and family potentially think I've disappeared off the face of the earth unless I'm in contact with them another way, as I'm not even able to receive incoming calls or texts. I'm thinking I need to go to the CAB to resolve this as I'm currently suffering a great deal of distress as well as numerous 50-minute + calls spent on hold. It's a lot of hassle but as I've explained I do really need to keep this number. I wish I'd never gone near O2, even my grieving grandmother is sick of me being on the phone trying to resolve this, it's so wrong! Can anyone offer any useful advice please as to how I can move forward in obtaining my pac code? Thank you so much in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Try complaints
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain or Google for the email address of CEO and email them with your complaint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Definitely complain and follow MI5's advice of emailing the CEO of o2! You will get a reply albeit from a minion...

Also, social media is a great tool if you feel you're not being listened to, companies hate for bad feedback plastered on their social media sites. It's worked for me in the past, it might help you now. Look for o2's fb and twitter profiles and get moaning!!!

Good luck!
Message 3 of 4

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this. I'm Toby, the O2 community manager. Feel free to send me a private message (there's a link in my signature) and we can have a chat about sorting this out.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 4