cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code request question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if someone could help me with this question please.

I’m currently on a sim only pay monthly plan. It shows in My O2 that my contract renewal date is 13 October 2015.

I was wondering if I can contact O2 on the 13 September and ask for my PAC code. And then on that same date, can I give the PAC code to my new provider and this would then be my 30 days notice to O2 that I was wanting to end my service with them ?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Your PAC is good for 30 days, so you can ask for it prior to the date you want to use it. Your contract will be cancelled as soon as your new provider implements the PAC. Any overpayment will be refunded, or if there is an overlap you will only pay pro rata.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Your PAC is good for 30 days, so you can ask for it prior to the date you want to use it. Your contract will be cancelled as soon as your new provider implements the PAC. Any overpayment will be refunded, or if there is an overlap you will only pay pro rata.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

As I understand it you have to give 30 days notice to leave O2....so you would need to contact them on the 13th of September if you wanted to leave on the 13th Oct.

You would still be liable for any further payment until contract end...so leave your direct debit in place until O2 have taken all you owe

The fact you are getting your pac and using on another network would have no bearing on the issue other than using it cancels your contract...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

As I understand it you have to give 30 days notice to leave O2....so you would need to contact them on the 13th of September if you wanted to leave on the 13th Oct.

You would still be liable for any further payment until contract end...so leave your direct debit in place until O2 have taken all you owe

The fact you are getting your pac and using on another network would have no bearing on the issue other than using it cancels your contract...

Thanks for the help.

As I've never moved to another network I wasn't sure of the process and also wasn't sure if I could only request my PAC code on or after my contract renewal date (13 October). 

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Thanks for the info Bambino slight_smile

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

So would this mean that on or just after the 13 October I would receive a final bill of what I would owe and after that my O2 account would be closed?

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forget to ask this earlier.

If I give my new provider the PAC code on lets say 13 September, would my number be transfered over within a couple of days or would the migration not take place until 30 days after the 13 September (i.e. 13 October)

Message 7 of 21

Bambino
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

As soon as you give the PAC to your new provider, the process begins. It normally doesn't take more than 48 hours for your number to port.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Re final payment...this info is taken from the cancelling contract thread

"Give the PAC code to your new network and the port should complete in a day or two. Once this happens your service with O2 will automatically terminate and a final bill will be generated. If you use your PAC before the expiration of your 30 day notice period you may find a charge on your final bill in lieu of notice for the remainder of your notice period".

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering if I can contact O2 on the 13 September and ask for my PAC code. And then on that same date, can I give the PAC code to my new provider and this would then be my 30 days notice to O2 that I was wanting to end my service with them ?

Yes

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 21