cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaying?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

So i'm back on an O2 contract, i just thought i'd ask, is deliberately overpaying a bill possible?  I'll give an example scenario:

My bill is £36/month (£18 device plan and £18 tarrif/sim), lets say at some point in the month i have £72 or so spare, can i login to my O2 account and pay this into my account immediately? I assume this would generate a negative balance and be used as credit? IF that is correct, i assume no direct debit would be taken out of my bank account until that negative balance then reaches a non-negative balance? I ask because there may be times where i want to ensure all my bills are covered when the money is already there rather than waiting for the actual debit date to come, and also because some of my other bills are on different dates and i prefer to pay everything all on 1 day if that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for any information grin

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

"Extra payments will reduce the monthly cost of your Device Plan, but won’t shorten the length of your contract."

in post 4

And from the cca t&c

"

10.2 If you partially repay the credit early, we will apply the early repayment evenly across your

Instalments. This means that your Term will remain the same, but your monthly Instalments

will decrease to smaller equal monthly Instalments with your final Instalment rounded up or

down to the nearest whole pence accordingly"

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 12