cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered phone and told three different things regarding delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. Ordered a phone this morning and still not had a email with expected delivery date. I've was told it'd be here and then it was out of stock and now they don't know when it'll be delivered. So am I expected too wait in, in the hope it might be delivered. Anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all. Ordered a phone this morning and still not had a email with expected delivery date. I've was told it'd be here and then it was out of stock and now they don't know when it'll be delivered. So am I expected too wait in, in the hope it might be delivered. Anyone else had this problem?

Many people @Anonymous  it seems to be a common problem sadly. People ordering phones that are showing as in stock...and then they aren't. You need to keep chasing O2 up on this. if they can't give you a date ..I would seriously think of cancelling and going elsewhere.

Unless you get confirmation that it is to be delivered, it is pointless sitting in and waiting in the hope it comes slight_frown

Edited Spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes quite a few via ordering through O2 online.

Check any spam folders for emails.

Help http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order

You could consider cancelling the online order and wait a few days for o2's systems to catch up and then order in the O2 HighStreet store. You could ring the store to ensure their is available stock.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a phone on friday, was then told out of stock don't know when they can deliver, they are now telling me it had already been delivered, I'm now a couple of hundred pounds down and have no phone. O2 keep saying I have to take it up with uk mail???

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone else had this problem?

Many, many, many people 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered a phone on friday, was then told out of stock don't know when they can deliver, they are now telling me it had already been delivered, I'm now a couple of hundred pounds down and have no phone. O2 keep saying I have to take it up with uk mail???

If you haven't signed for it, it is still o2's problem.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which Department have you spoken to at O2 who have advised you of how you stand ? 

Message 7 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Even if it is signed for, it is still O2's responsibility because they contracted with the transport operator not you.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been using live chat was going to phone customer services tomorrow

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please circumvent Live Chat on this and do as you've said and ring uk customer services.
Message 10 of 19