cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered phone and told three different things regarding delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. Ordered a phone this morning and still not had a email with expected delivery date. I've was told it'd be here and then it was out of stock and now they don't know when it'll be delivered. So am I expected too wait in, in the hope it might be delivered. Anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Surely the live chat script doesn't say the customer has to chase the courier.....??????
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Surely the live chat script doesn't say the customer has to chase the courier.....??????

They make it up as they go along merrily in their make believe world...

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

One would hope not....but who knows!! Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a phone on 19/01 that hasn't arrived and was told by live chat and customer services to call UKMail. Eventually a nice lady at UKMail said o2 had printed my address incorrectly and that I may have to call o2 about it and "someone" would call me back first, but someone hasn't.

I can't contact UKMail again now for nearly 2 weeks as I'm working/commuting during their hours. It feels like I've had money stolen.

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Its not your job to chase - Call O2 CS and get them to fix the problem http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This is really absurd. Three different people with the same problem in the space of this short thread. How many more that don't come to the forum to complain? The mind boggles.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case anyone is interested in this thread, I took the advice and phoned O2 CS and they were really helpful and got UK Mail to change my address- this is apparently the cause of my problem as O2's find your address feature missed a line off, and even though the house number and postcode is correct this makes delivery impossible. I was told my phone would be re-delivered today, which it wasn't. I was expecting this as my delivery status on UK Mail's site still says "delayed" with an eta of 21/1!

This evening I phoned O2, who again were helpful, I can't fault the CS advisors I've spoken to. Now the problem is that the address change was made after a cut off time and as it takes 2 working days to update an address label the delivery will be Monday. If I were of a cynical nature I'd think the address was never actually updated.

I have decided to get a refund and go elsewhere if no phone arrives on Monday. Part of me wants to return my phone, in person in a shop, even if it does arrive and change provider anyway. I have been a happy customer since BTCellnet days so am reluctant to give up over one (long drawn out) bad experience.

Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

At least this proves if nothing else that O2 are the people to chase up when a phone fails to arrive.

Not sure that gives you any satisfaction....but I hope the phone turns up Monday for you @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19