Did you mean: 

On an old tarrif (simplicity) and going abroad

trw1972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All

I am on a very old tarrif (unlimited data, 600 minutes, 2000 text allowance) which works well for me.

In the past when abroad a text used to count as 4 from my allowance.

I know most pay monthlies have unlimited texts nowadays and are 40p per text, however as im on the ancient tarrif does the '4 texts abroad' still count?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Your terms and conditions will only change if you change tariff.
Nothing will change on your old tariff unless o2 notify you at least 30 days in advance of any proposed changes.
So in short, Yes, 4:1 will still apply.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Your terms and conditions will only change if you change tariff.
Nothing will change on your old tariff unless o2 notify you at least 30 days in advance of any proposed changes.
So in short, Yes, 4:1 will still apply.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You are probably one of the very few still left on that tariff. This doesn't apply to your travel abroad, but also be aware that your unlimited data doesn't mean unlimited any more. There are other threads related to this, but I believe your data is now restricted to 4GB.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes I'm on the same tariff. Sms counts as four as does an mms. However you can't send mm over Wifi so don't be tempted as you will be charged for the data.

Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I'm on the same tariff. Sms counts as four as does an mms. However you can't send mm over Wifi so don't be tempted as you will be charged for the data.

I know its early....and I may not understand....Confused but why the emphasis on this being an old tariff? I changed mine last week and am on simplicity. ...Is there a newer tariff then....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
jonsie is talking about the old legacy tariff's......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As was I. What makes this an 'old' tariff is the reference to the now fictitious 'unlimited data'. It's also a 3G only tariff. Once you upgrade to 4G you can no longer stay on that tariff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

trw1972
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, about 4 years ago i did look at going to a contract phone, but when i discovered that id be losing 'unlimited data' i cancelled the contract and went back to simplicity - i insisted id cancel completely unless i went back to my old tarrif

I didnt know the data wasnt really unlimited by the way slight_smile , it states unlimited in myo2

Great news on the texts, i only use about 300 a month so have plenty to spare with a 2000 allowance.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@trw1972 wrote:

I didnt know the data wasnt really unlimited by the way slight_smile , it states unlimited in myo2

It's O2's way of trying to get people off the old tariffs !!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
jonsie is talking about the old legacy tariff's......

I was looking at the title of the thread Rich .....'Old tariff (simplicity)' ...hence my confusion...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16