cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2UK website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get this people. When on the O2UK website you CANNOT purchase any phone UNLESS you have a credit card, and worse, you CANNOT use your saved O2 Rewards, which kind of defeats the object.

For example, take Argos. You send them a text to order and receive a unique reference to collect and pay for items ordered upon collection. As this is time sensitive, you lose your order if you fail to collect.

WHY can't O2UK have a similar operation? Go to your chosen O2 shop and complete the transaction using saved rewards if you have them. No, O2UK finds this too difficult.

O2UK have a "click and collect" facility. So far so good. To complete the transaction online, you cannot use O2 rewards, and you NEED a credit card. You CANNOT get the phone sent to your chosen O2 shop to collect and complete the transaction.

It is noted O2 have won "website of the year two years running". Shame it is not more 'user friendly', especially for O2 customers. Not every has a credit card.

Come on O2, get with it. This is one long standing VERY disappointed O2 customer regarding the above.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Add a live stock checking system to you list of desires too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of which will probably not happen 

Message 3 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Have u just tried walking in-store and asking if they've got the phone u want in stock?
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymousthey may have won website of the year for 2 years running but the practicalities of using the online system often leaves a lot to be desired. We see that on here often slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't call it a cohesive  system 

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a very pretty website all shiny white and blue, but.....the order, stock and payment systems badly need a overhaul and it doesn't take a Guru to realise that.

Message 7 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
That made me chuckle @jonsie
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 8