cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am back from holiday and want to cancel O2 travel but cant find any instructions on how to. Tried phone but told its sa 30 minute wait and god knows what cost. what do I have to do to cancel 02 trave at 1.99  day. already paid an extra 1.99 trying to find out today. not good customer service

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 travel is only active when you are outside the uk in an eu country so it stops as soon as you arrive home 

All info here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 travel is only active when you are outside the uk in an eu country so it stops as soon as you arrive home 

All info here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can cancel your bolts ons in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 but as adam says, there's no need to cancel it at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's also free to call 202 from your mobile....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

What O2 customer service number were you calling that you thought was costing you a lot of money?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
great advice guys! well done slight_smile

Have you all used O2 travel? Did you have a good experience?
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I use it all the time @Anonymous. (I am abroad so often) I rarely use the data though. I have wifi in my apartment and every restaurant and bar I visit. wink

The 50p connection fee for calls and then an hour free ....is excellent...as long as you can get your family and friends to store everything up so you have an hour to chat. But there again I tend to use messenger to keep in touch

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing your experience @Cleoriff ! I think you are definitely the O2 travel expert in the community slight_smile
Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience @Cleoriff ! I think you are definitely the O2 travel expert in the community slight_smile

Oh no....I only go to Europe. I never use Tugo...so I will happily hand that title to @MI5 or @jonsie (who have helped me over the last two years to keep my travel bills as low as possible...) LOL

Mind you my family think I know more than them about mobiles and travel...so I will take that wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh no....I only go to Europe. I never use Tugo...so I will happily hand that title to @MI5 or @jonsie (who have helped me over the last two years to keep my travel bills as low as possible...) LOL

Mind you my family think I know more than them about mobiles and travel...so I will take that wink

True, you guys are the O2 community travellers. Bouncy You should start telling us more about your travels and experience. Would be great to know more about them.

Message 10 of 16