cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 slow internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been 3 days since I started using O2 internet and I find it very frustrating. In the area it shows that I suppose to have 2g/3g internet. While in reality I have G internet and it dosnt load even Gmail. My phone is okay. Tried my friends sim card (Libra or something ) and it was completely fine. But this.. The connection is so bad trying it over and over is just making my mad. What I'm supposed to do? Texted a message "Active" to 2020 and I though it's gona be okay. Sadly no. Same thing.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Was is a Lebara sim you tried?
If so, that is Vodafone network and so you are not comparing O2 with O2.
Every operator has different signal levels in different places, so you need to check your phone with another O2 sim. If it's no better, it just means your signal is not good and your only option is to change networks or use WiFi in poor signal areas.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

First thing to check is whether there are problems in your area. Enter your postcode here :

Service Status

If it's showing ok, let us know what phone you have so we can help further.

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Was is a Lebara sim you tried?
If so, that is Vodafone network and so you are not comparing O2 with O2.
Every operator has different signal levels in different places, so you need to check your phone with another O2 sim. If it's no better, it just means your signal is not good and your only option is to change networks or use WiFi in poor signal areas.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's saying it's normal. Samsung galaxy A3. Sorry for my English. I'm only second week in UK.
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm guessing you are pay as go?
If so, get a Vodafone sim and an EE sim and see which gives you the best service and move to the one that is best.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probobly Lebara. Not sure. So you saying I need to change O2 to other operator for better internet? Asked a few friends none of them uses O2.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct. Maybe there is site that shows best speed in my area from Vadofone or EE
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, I am saying change to a different network for better speed.
Vodafone coverage here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/
EE checker here http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/network/mobile-coverage

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Also try the link here:  http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker to compare the coverage with the EE and Vodafone links you have been given above. Coverage checkers are not 100% accurate, but will give you a general guide to the signal in your area.

If you get a better signal from another provider and are Pay & Go, it's easy enough to switch. Just use up the allowances you have on your O2 sim before you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... Al of them shows 2g. Yet O2 shows it as well but all I'm receiving is G.
Message 10 of 14