cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 signal rubbish

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with O2 for about 17 years now, and in the last year the signal in my area has be terrible.
On sim only contract and as I can't get data in my area I phoned to try and cancel the account, but cheeky buggers wanted the equivalent of £20 a month till contract ends, even when I only pay £16 a month. 😡😡😡
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just switch to 2g or 3g whilst the work is ongoing with the network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for not responding back all.

I have switched to 3G/2G and this isn't much different, I'm still experiencing issues with signal. Network Service have acknowledged there is an issue in my area and resolved it a week ago, however since they completed some work the signal has got worse! They are still investigating the issue and I should get a call tonight from a case manager regarding the problems with dropping calls etc.

The High Level complaints representative cannot do anything apart from liaise with the engineers to help speed it along, it's not looking great though, I will so how the call goes tonight before asking for my PAC code as I cannot continue with dropping calls, I'm self employed and work from home.
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

The o2 signal is really REALLY rubbish, I can never have a full conversation without calling back at leat 4 times

The internet is non existent and I can never get any signal for anything. In KENT it is rediculous and I have had enough so it is good by from me when I finish my contract!!! I can't beieve it is that bad. For 60 Miles I was on the road in a traffic jam for 14 - I could not get google maps to tell me what what going on because I COULD NOT GET A SIGNAL and the best thing was I was opposite a transponder!!

I have tried a ASUS phone, Applie I phone, Blackberry and Samsung s6 - all the same so we can honestly say that o2 is stupidly thinking we all have a good service when we dont - it is crap!!!

Message 14 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are many areas of the UK where congestion is truly awful even when there is a good signal. You have to do what's best for your needs and if that means leaving O2 no one can argue against. You wouldn't think that in 2015 many people can't use a £500+ smartphone unless connected to wifi. Quite ridiculous really.

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAVE HAD NO SIGNAL FOR OVER 2 MONTHS, 02 HAVE NOT RESPONDED WHEN I HAVE NOTIFIED THEM OF THIS PROBLEM VIA THEIR WEBSITE.

NOW I CANT EVEN GET WIFI ACCESS AND NEVER HAD A SIGNAL TO SET UP '2GO'

SERVICE IS RUBBISH

02 ARE RUBBISH

STAY AWAY!!

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

ON THE ISLE OF SKYE - NO SIGNAL FOR OVER 2 MONTHS

Message 17 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have read your other posts @Anonymous ...time to change provider iI think...to one that suits you best...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 19 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 have only ever had 2G on Skye, so it might be time to check out other suppliers to see if they can do better.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 26