cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "Unlimited" Complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's very strange that O2 offer a service called O2 Unlimited, but in fact, it's restricted to the tune of 2,990 texts (less than 100 texts a day per month) but 12,000 minutes (over 6 1/2 hours a day for a month). Hardly 'unlimited' is it? As someone who texts a lot and hardly calls, I thought having "unlimited" texts would be a great tarriff for me, especially for £15 a month, but it turns out you are actually limited. So, how can O2 get away will calling the tarriff "unlimited" and why are users given so many minutes for free, but not texts. It doesn't add up.

So, doubing that much is going to change/happen from this, what, if any, O2 tarriff actually gives you unlimited texts, or at least a hell of a lot more than 100 a day?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Wanty has explained why the limit is in place for payg on contract if o2 see it as an abuse they can close the contract but when payg got the high limit it was very cheap for the ppi scammers to mass send spam
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately companies including O2 say they have fair usage policies but even they don't seem to know what they are when you ask them
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently my Payg account was being upgraded in allowances.

It made me smile because it had 5,000'texts which was being upped to unlimited but in essence I was actually losing out as unlimited we are thinking is just under 3,000

slight_smile
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the plus side on payg you do get cheaper calls to certain numbers you get cheaper mms we could argue that's not fair which it isn't but hey
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
And contract customers can achieve better data allowances.

You have my better mms I don't use etc and I'll have your data allowance. wink

Sorry a little Off Topic but wanted to add balance to Damien's post.
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you think about it, 2990 texts is quite a lot, thats an average of 4 texts per hour, every hour, every day, for 30 days.  Including sleeping/eating/doing other stuff.  Thats nearly 600 a week.  I struggle to send 600 in a month.

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's just the way it works bob there are pros and cons for everything wink
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-Campbell wrote:

If I had have thought of it, I would have posted a screenshot or transscript of the live chat I had last night where I was told it is 2,990 per month (what a stupid figure, why not a round number?)

Also, surely those who register their details with O2 and explicitly state/prove they are not some company sending PPI texts then they should get the proper "unlimited" amount and those that abuse it get their accounts reduced? Why punish everyone for the actions of a few?

How could you prove to me that you're not going to use it for improper use? Then add that to the 10 million other customers on pay as you go with O2. Unfortunatly it's unfeasable to do that without increasing man power and costs.

Pay as you go go plan moves up to 5000 texts after 3 months, but that would be £20 per month.

Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll have all the Con's and No Pro's please. Lol.

On balance I think most people would be hard pushed to use that amount of texts in a month.
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
So @Anonymous are you saying that as far as you know pay monthly is truly unlimited
Message 20 of 29