cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 not lettigg me cancel online like any other company in the year 2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi O2
Title says it all. Why won't you make it easier for customers to cancel their pay monthly easier than it is currently is. Since the layout is terrible. Feel like being a customer at a scanners shop. No way to cancel a simple way. 

I want this account, pay monthly canceled. Simple as that

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

This is a O2 Forum for customers. O2 don't read on here.

if you want to cancel then you will need to call 202 and choose the cancelation option.  There are no other options.  

dont cancel direct debits etc as this does not cancel the contract and you will end up with a bad credit mark and possible something much worse happening.

Sorry you are leaving. Good luck with who ever you go with.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi O2
Title says it all. Why won't you make it easier for customers to cancel their pay monthly easier than it is currently is. Since the layout is terrible. Feel like being a customer at a scanners shop. No way to cancel a simple way. 

I want this account, pay monthly canceled. Simple as that

Call O2 on 202, it's the only way. You cannot cancel your contract online

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Why would you think cancellation online was an option? That could be open to all sorts of abuse.

At least when you speak to customer services they will take you through a series of security questions to ensure they are talking to the person who has the account.. It is the only safe way to cancel...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Why would you think cancellation online was an option? That could be open to all sorts of abuse.

At least when you speak to customer services they will take you through a series of security questions to ensure they are talking to the person who has the account.. It is the only safe way to cancel...

I'm glad you have to call, I wouldn't want to cancel something as important & valuable as this over open air as who knows what people could intercept it

Message 6 of 8

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I don't know any networks that allow you to cancel online, a few may permit via online chat etc but none via online forms, etc.

It would be open to all sorts of abuse.
Message 7 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Well as you've been told multiple times above, call 202.

I'd just like to reinforce to you though the importance of this process. Not only is it the safest way as @Cleoriff first mentioned, but, if you're having problems that could've been fixed satisfactorily but weren't, retentions are the team that'll quite often go all out to help you!

Anyhoo, of there's anything that you think us fellow customers could help you with that might convince you to stay, give us a shout. If not, then sadly it's goodbye I guess and I hope you end up with whatever it is you're looking for.

Charlie.
Message 8 of 8