cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have blocked my card, so I can't buy anything!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I've just found out that because my card was declined 3 times (-due to my bank blocking it as it was a large amount), O2 have now blocked my card. I've been told to try again in three days but is there a quicker way to get the block off my card?
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If your bank blocked the transaction you need to sort it out with your bank. O2 Customer Services have no access to your bank account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only customer services can help or try live chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If your bank blocked the transaction you need to sort it out with your bank. O2 Customer Services have no access to your bank account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've read it the way that O2 have stopped the card being used on their systems.
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 can't block your card on their system. You need to sort it out with your bank to make sure there are no authorisations pending. Once cleared with the bank you shouldn't have a problem

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what would happen if they (02) thought a card was being used fraudulently ? Could they not stop that card from being used on their systems ?

I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested and I know you've worked for O2 Callcentres @jonsie
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bank have unblocked my card as mentioned in my post, I went to sales on the phone and they told me O2 had blocked it!
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what has happened, my bank had blocked it, I got it unblocked by my bank, but I have told by the sales dept. that O2 has blocked the card coz it was declined three times
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Just ask them politely to put the card through again especially if the bank have authorised a card. If O2 suspect a card is being used fraudulently then they can decline it but they don't block it. As long as the card details match the address to which it is registered and by the person doing the transaction on record at that address O2 are honour bound to accept the card for payment.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on and o2's official explanation.
Message 10 of 20