O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

O2 handset returns address!

Hello all. I changed my mind about an online ordered handset & so returned it within the specified time-frame, with the despatch note etc, after speaking to O2 customer services first. The prepaid returns label within the box did not state a returns address...what it did have was "Royal Mail returns contract number 208564PR" & was the only postage paid label within the box. Three weeks later & O2 still haven't recieved the handset & have no idea what i'm talking about when i give them the returns details ie the contract number on the label. The Certificate of posting from the post office gives the contract number as the name/address & was completed by the counter assistant. As i wasn't informed this was a problem, or invalid i presumed it must be a common occurence. Has anyone come across this scenario before & does anyone know where my returned parcel is likely to be? Royal Mail & 02 have been really unhelpful. Please advise. Thank you. X
Topics: 246
Solutions: 1,614

You can write here:

O2 Complaints Review Service
PO Box 1116
LS11 5DS

Hope you get it sorted out, 3 weeks seems a long time.

I have one of these labels and would have assumed like you, that's all you need.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I've used the Royal Mail returns service with a different company and it was formatted like that. I can believe that the people in the call centre wouldn't knpw what the address label looked like, I doubt they ever see them.

If the handset hasn't arrived then you should claim from the Post Office for the missing handset.
No - there isn't an app for it.