O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
alisonjane10

O2 handset returns address!

Hello all. I changed my mind about an online ordered handset & so returned it within the specified time-frame, with the despatch note etc, after speaking to O2 customer services first. The prepaid returns label within the box did not state a returns address...what it did have was "Royal Mail returns contract number 208564PR" & was the only postage paid label within the box. Three weeks later & O2 still haven't recieved the handset & have no idea what i'm talking about when i give them the returns details ie the contract number on the label. The Certificate of posting from the post office gives the contract number as the name/address & was completed by the counter assistant. As i wasn't informed this was a problem, or invalid i presumed it must be a common occurence. Has anyone come across this scenario before & does anyone know where my returned parcel is likely to be? Royal Mail & 02 have been really unhelpful. Please advise. Thank you. X
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

You can write here:

O2 Complaints Review Service
PO Box 1116
Leeds
LS11 5DS

Hope you get it sorted out, 3 weeks seems a long time.

I have one of these labels and would have assumed like you, that's all you need.
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

I've used the Royal Mail returns service with a different company and it was formatted like that. I can believe that the people in the call centre wouldn't knpw what the address label looked like, I doubt they ever see them.

If the handset hasn't arrived then you should claim from the Post Office for the missing handset.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.