Did you mean: 

O2 and VAT invoice

DaveG27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get a VAT invoice for the monthly phone plan payments as part of a refresh deal.

As I am VAT registered I can download a VAT invoice for my call plan payments but there is no option for the phone plan.

I have spoken to customer services on 2 occasions, the first time I was told someone would get back to me but that never happened.

On the second occasion I spoke to a manager who after being on hold for ages came back and said I would get an invoice emailed to me every month. Nothing has ever arrived.

I have even been told there is no VAT which is obviously wrong.

O2 don't seem to realise that as a VAT registered company they are legally obliged to provide this to any VAT registered customer.

I have been unable to find any phone number that would bypass customer services and get to their accounts department direct.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

DaveG27
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to confirm airtime plans can be recurring vat invoiced, and the setup is relatively straightforward.  Phone plans can't, and there doesn't seem to be any information on why, just that it can't be done.  Singlular statements can be ordered, but you'd have to do that month by month.

Sorry couldn't help further.

I beg to differ - unless things have changed since I received my last one (18/12/13) I get them emailed to me every month without any intervention from me.

Perhaps I complained to the right person and they are producing the invoice and emailing it manually every month (I don't think this is very likely!!!)

Message 41 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I know this trail is quite old but has anybody managed to resolve this?  I've had several fruitless chats and calls and I know my accountant will query it when i submit my accounta next month. If you have been successful in getting a VAT invoice for your phone plan who in o2 did you contact.

Thanks

PS - this is the first time I've posted on here so if i've not followed the correct protocol please let me know

Message 42 of 59

JulianHPT
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem and wasted time here.  I think that O2 does not give a damn, and the only recourse is a formal complaint to HMRC.  If enough people complain to the Tax people O2 might decide to comply with the law.

Message 43 of 59

JulianHPT
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I expect O2 get some kind of tax advantage by deliberately not sending out VAT invoices for taxable supplies. It's called tax fraud.
Message 44 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
That's an interesting theory !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 59

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

First time posting here.

Those who have mananged to get VAT invoices for the device in the past, are you / they still receiving these?

I'm banging my head against a brick wall with O2 who seem a bit clueless and just continue to pass the buck.

Is there a streamline, tried and tested way to receive the VAT invoice?

Thanks

Message 47 of 59

DaveG27
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can confirm that I am still receiving my monthly VAT invoice for the phone part of the refresh deal.

All I did was to insist on speaking to a supervisor and pointed out their legal responsibility as a VAT registered company to supply a VAT invoice.

I must confess it did take a few goes, the first time all I got was a statement which didn't have any VAT details at all, but I did eventually get a correct invoice and I am still receiving them on a monthly basis.

The email comes from the usual email address, mycare@o2mail.co.uk, and it is signed from the  VAT invoice team.

Best of luck.

Message 48 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are clearly crap & breaking the law by not supplying VAt reciepts, the stupid thing is that the online reciepts clearly show the VAT eliment on them, but then state that "this is not a vat reciept" simply by adding their VAT number to the reciept it becomes a VAT reciept, i will attempt to find that number & report it back here, but u would of thought that O2 would of assumed that 1 or 2 of their customers might possibly be VAT registered themselves, it seems they are just avoiding the problem, i always use the reciept from online, if HMRC question it later i will point out that O2 refuse to give VAT reciepts & to take it up with them.  

Message 49 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked this one out, although only after a bit of time in chat.  If you use an online account you can download invoices.  When you choose download you can choose the type of invoice - the default is summary but if you select complete invoice it comes with the VAT shown.  Why they didn't make it simpler God knows.

Message 50 of 59