Did you mean: 

O2 and VAT invoice

DaveG27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get a VAT invoice for the monthly phone plan payments as part of a refresh deal.

As I am VAT registered I can download a VAT invoice for my call plan payments but there is no option for the phone plan.

I have spoken to customer services on 2 occasions, the first time I was told someone would get back to me but that never happened.

On the second occasion I spoke to a manager who after being on hold for ages came back and said I would get an invoice emailed to me every month. Nothing has ever arrived.

I have even been told there is no VAT which is obviously wrong.

O2 don't seem to realise that as a VAT registered company they are legally obliged to provide this to any VAT registered customer.

I have been unable to find any phone number that would bypass customer services and get to their accounts department direct.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unfortunately the website leaves a lot to be desired. It really should be simple, just a straight link with the default being a full invoice complete with VAT number.

Message 51 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
  1. Go to http://www.o2.co.uk/business
  2. Click on My o2 business tab
  3. Click on drop down menu on My o2 tab again and select Business Essentials Device Portal
  4. Log in to your account
  5. keep trying because it will probably crash untold times bucket of ..... eventually if youve got the magical powers of Merlin you might open the portal where you can then select the invoice and print it but trust me the site or server is total dog ......... and crashes 99% of the time.
  6. Good Luck !!

Message 52 of 59

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is fine for business customers but this thread was about consumer vat invoices that are not switched on by default .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 53 of 59

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

And still the offered option, after almost a year of trying to get "VAT Invoice" switched on on my O2, like it has been prior to upgrade in January 2017, I am offered this by Online Support: "You always have the option to contact us to request a invoice copy."

20**Personal info** 14_29_05-O2 Live Chat.png

>sigh< D'oh!

Message 54 of 59

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 55 of 59

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Time maybe to give up on bills and to give up on O2... 

Can't - got another year of Refreshing adventures in the land of O2 before I can haul ass and move elsewhere, after almost 20 years as a loyal customer.

Timely advice though LOL

Message 56 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a VAT registered I am also trying to get my VAT invoices for my phone monthly plan; I have spoken to customer service in four occasions, the last time they told me they'd be posting it to me and I'd be receiving it within a week, nothing has happened, so far.

I don't think O2 is ever going to provide us with VAT invoices receipt; it's obvioulsy somehting we'll all need to escalate.

Message 57 of 59

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Yay! Look what I see this month on my MyO2 "download and print older bills" page: "VAT Invoice" Fantastic

O2 Refresh and online VAT Invoices Are possible, for the Airtime portion of your bill anyway slight_smile 

Screenshot_20171201-205247_01_01.jpg

Message 58 of 59

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It just goes to show that O2 can do this but customers shouldn't have to go to ridiculous and time consuming lengths for them to do this. I've had vat bills for over 2 years, never requested by the way, and they should be able to switch them on for all accounts at the time of signing up. 

Message 59 of 59