cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 actively blocking IPSec VPN traffic?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having issues connecting toy VPN from my phone. I can connect just fine to the VPN gateway, however, when I try to access anything through the VPN, nothing happens. I can ping hosts on the LAN behind the VPN fine, but it appears any traffic going over UDP500/501 is being blocked by O2.

If I put another providers SIM in my phone, it works fine... If I access via WiFi it also works, however with O2 it simply fails.

Is there a way to get this unblocked? This is proving to cause me some major issues connecting to my works VPN.

Thanks

Paul
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That is a question that only tech support can answer.
Contact CS and ask to be put through or ask them to request info on your behalf http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

What is your phone type and which method are using to connect to the router? Perhaps someone from the IT department can help you.

I'm just looking at my Android and it comes with a plethora of options. I really don't understand how O2 can be in control of ports outside it's network.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it won't be the last time.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I've checked through everything, including actively monitoring the VPN & Firewall from within the company LAN. It is only with O2 where I can not see any inbound traffic against the two ports used by IPSec.

Phone is a Nexus 5, but as said, if I install a SIM from another provider, no configuration changes on either phone or VPN, it then works. It is purely only the O2 SIM where the connection fails.
Message 4 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

OK that's understood. Maybe O2 block the use of that port on their network afterall. As a business user you should be able to enable it on your account surely.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 5