cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Signal Strength and POOR Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread but... Been with O2 for as many years as I can remember and always had a perfect signal everywhere even in various places in the lake district and of course in the home but since I got my Nokia 710 smart phone about 5 months ago ive had nothing but trouble with very little to no signal downstairs and much better in my bedroom but still random been in to 02 shops spoke to gurus online changed sim cards had my phone in for repair came back the same and finally the gave me a new phone and it was still the same so I just accepted it thinking ive bought a crap phone and stuck with it. I cant live with this nonsense i really cant text or receive texts downstairs and then i may pop upstairs with my phone and bang bang bang texts are coming in from hours ago. Whats the answer and how do I find out what other networks have a strong signal in my home and will I be able to keep my number ? Always been happy with O2 and recommended it to friends. 😞 😞 😞

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Best if your phone is unlocked either borrow or get payg sims for the other networks and find the best.

Then ask O2 for a PAC code to keep your number

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other things can affect the signal, have you got any new wireless things at home, cordless

landline phone for example?

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for both of your replies, my phone should be on any network looks like i will check out other peoples pay and go tariffs and and ask O2 for that code to keep my number. Have got cordless phones and wireless BT but all my other phones worked perfect at home. I'm downstairs and at this moment in time my phone is saying 'No Service' not no bars. Mentioned it on my facebook and one mate locally on O2 said he's signal has been terrible lately and a guy in Germany on O2 been having problems lately. Shame, been happy with O2 and never even looked at other companies tariffs.
Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

have you tried turning 3g off and forcing a 2g only connection 2g900 gets into buildings better than 3g2100 and ingone o2-de comments a completly diferant company to o2-uk

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just checked my settings and there is only the option of 3g or E whatever E is ?
Message 6 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

E is 2.5g but runs on the 2g 900 band

Where in settings on an iphone are you seeing this? 

Just realised you have a nokia best posting in the other devices thread this thread is the the ios section

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Panzer,

I've created a new thread for your specific question. It's a bit easier to help you like that.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a long time ago, but just in case you haven't cured the problem, this is what it is. Smartphones need much more signal to operate than the old ones, and you will find that where your old Nokia or whatever it was worked well in the house, a smartphone will not. The answer is easy. O2 do an app called ToGo, which is free, and sends the signal through your wifi at no cost. Thereafter, everything works like it used to. How do I know? Because I had the same problem and nobody would come clean about the signal requirements of a smartphone, but one of the help people told me about the app and hey presto. Problem gone! 

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid your part isn't quite correct.

Most calls and texts go over the 2g network regardless of phone. So whether you have a very old Nokia 3300 or today's lumia that doesn't change.

What today's smartphones so need is a stronger data signal. As tech develops we want more from our phones.

2g for Internet was only ever intended as a very basic service for email.

3g was intended for a broader Internet experience but as our demands grew so did the struggles for the network to cope. People also demanded faster mobile connectivity hence. ..

4g. Data only, not fut calls but much faster than 3g.
Message 10 of 10