cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why when i went into the O2 shop to upgrade my sons phone as i do every 24 months did they think it was ok to put me on an O2 refresh contract when it wasn't what i asked for and it has doubled my sons phone bill!!!!

i was told even though it was 2 weeks early if i paid £34 instore he could have an i phone 6 at just a £5 extra cost per month to my direct debit

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

If you aren't satisfied @Anonymous you do have 14 days to cancel.....I would take that option (if within the 14 days time frame)..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
O2 only sell refresh contracts now directly so you had no other choice in an o2 store.
Prices are as advertised for everyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

If you aren't satisfied @Anonymous you do have 14 days to cancel.....I would take that option (if within the 14 days time frame)..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 refresh is standard in any o2 shop now & has been for 2 years. If you want a standard 24 month contract then go to CPW 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was unaware of that and live out in the sticks, not in a city, but as i asked for an upgrade and was asked if an extra £5 ontop of the £34 per month was ok as i was getting a top of the range iphone6, an extra £30 per month was never mentioned, so that definitely wasn't what i expected

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately it was changed in August and i didn't notice the extra charge as my son had spent 2 weeks in spain in August and i just went mad with him about his calls being high assuming because he had been abroad

Message 6 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

So it wasn't explained that there's 2 parts to the bill?

What you could do is pay off the phone in full, then cancel the airtime part of the contract to get out of the obligation early with no penalty. It's not always ideal but at least there is a way out. 

You should also put in a complaint if you think you've been missold the contract. I'll pop back with the link. 

Edit to add link: how-to-complain

Charlie. 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As we can't see what you were on previously and what you're on now it's impossible to know what's happened.
You do have to sign 2 DD's in store, one for the phone and one for the airtime which should have given you a clue.
If you feel you have been misled or miss-sold you can raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Many people think an upgrade just means replacing the phone with no upfront fee but those days are long gone I afraid . Everything should have been explained instore before you signed the contract. Obviously only you know whether you were mislead but as above, if you feel it's justified then make a complaint but to be honest,  you signed the contract without being aware of the (new) Refresh terms.

Message 9 of 9