cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the sound of Refresh but it seems abit to much for my Budget £30-35 Im wanting an iPhone 6 16GB with 2GB data but £38 with a bit upfront is too much. It is cheaper at Carphone Warehouse so heres my question.

Is O2 Refresh available at Carphone Warehouse?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No, it's only available from o2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No, it's only available from o2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Remember that if you buy the phone from Carphone Warehouse you are locked into that phone on that contract for two years. The Refresh contract gives you more flexibility.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to weigh up between the two outlets regarding Contract type and Tariff costs.

The Refresh offers greater flexibility by paying off the handset plan ,and upgrading again or just cancelling.

With Carphone Warehouse they only offer 24 month standard O2 tariffs ,but can be bought out from by paying any remaining amount of months left in the tariff minus any bolt On's and insurance (if applicable) So in essence your not locked in ,but is An expensive avenue to choose.

Carphone Warehouse can offer sweeter deals as they I think pass on some of the kickback they get for opening a contract from the Network onto the Customer.
Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Even at cpw the cheapest is £39 plus some upfront.
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm not quite sure how, if the cheapest contract is £39, and you wanted to cancel after, say 6 months, but you would still have to pay out over £700 to get out of the contract that that isn't being locked in, but I guess my interpretation of English must be different to some others.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for getting back to me

I understand completely now because it was confusing as everyone was saying that i could (Oh Well!)

If I went into the o2 store could i pay a bit more upfront to make it £33 a month?

I am only going with o2 just in case I have to cancel (Due to job or leaving the country) and I cannot afford to pay over £700 (Thanks to Bambino for that responce) 

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could i pay a bit more upfront to make it £33 a month?
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can only have the options that O2 advertise but the upfront fees to vary and the more you pay should reduce the monthly payment.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Normally the tariff and upfront cost is fixed but speak to customer  service  to see if they are flexible.

Message 10 of 11