cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Pay Monthly Contract - Service Termination Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to stop the service of a contract while still paying the month cost until the contract is eligable for termination?

I took a contract out in my name for a.. lets call them a dependant.. and for a while everything ran smoothly with them paying for the cost even if it was in my name and coming out of my account. 

Now they appear to be ducking me and leaving me to foot the cost; I cant afford to pay off an early termination but I am also aware I'm stuck paying until eligable for termination.So at the very least I'd like the service ended, even if I keep paying every month.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Report the sim as lost / stolen and it will be barred.
O2 will send a new sim to your registered address which you can then "hide" so you will just have to pay the basic monthly cost of the tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep just ring the network and ask for a full bar to be placed on the number. The phone will be useless until you ring up and lift the bar

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Report the sim as lost / stolen and it will be barred.
O2 will send a new sim to your registered address which you can then "hide" so you will just have to pay the basic monthly cost of the tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
My apologies.
Contact details and help here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I personally would report the phone last too. They will bar that and the sim. They won't be ducking you then for sure. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community,
I hope you find the advice above useful.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Message 6 of 6