cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open iPhone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding that I have spoken to numerous people on the online chat to be told that the O2 open discount cannot be applied to the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. Fair enough. Then another advisor has told me to check in store as they may be able to do different so I rang my local store on Monday to check this and they said they could add it to the new devices with no hassle. I then went into the same store yesterday and once again confirmed that the discount can be added, O2 are just funny because it is a new handset. They didn't have the iPhone I wanted in stock and they said I should click and collect so I know I'll get the handset I want. I went and checked with the downstairs store to see if they had the handest I wanted in stock (yes the shopping centre has 2 O2 stores) and they then proceeded to say that the discount cannot be added. I feel like I keep getting mixed messages and I'm not sure how to go about it. I would have to pay an early upgrade fee as I still have 3 months left on my current contract which I'm happy to pay but I would also have to pay an upfront cost for the new handset which I'm also happy with. I'm just not happy with the numerous different answers I'm getting regarding O2 open as this would be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to spend the money online then go into store again and be told the discount won't be applied even though I have been told twice that it would. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just for clarification.
O2 Open codes cannot be applied to iphone 6s until around 6 months after release.

Message 2 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Not available yet....Clearly stated in the FAQ's here

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

And full information in this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Apologies @viridis was typing as you posted....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Too late, my tears soak the floor already :smileysad::womansad:

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Too late, my tears soak the floor already :smileysad::womansad:

Yeah yeah....you break my heart...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Even if the store added it for you it would be rejected by O2 when the accounts team came to process it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

No store can override a business decision decided by O2. It makes no sense to me apart from milking as much profit per unit as possible. 

Message 9 of 9