cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Stock Levels & Serious Lack Of Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never using o2 again, will be cancelling as soon as my contract expires.

So, on April the 14th I dropped my Galaxy S6 128GB phone and smashed the screen. Not a problem, I've got o2 insurance, happy days. I wish..

Called that evening, was told no problem at all, the phone would be picked up on the 20th and would be replaced within 5-7 working days.

This *bleep* me off a bit, as before when I was with Orange I made 2 claims over the duration of the contract, both times they sent a replacement handset when they picked up the broken phone. Top service, something o2 should definitely take note of.

So, the 20th came and went, no DPD to collect my phone. spoke to 02 customer service, was told they were very sorry but they'd had numerous complaints with DPD, and that it would be collected tomorrow (21st). I told them I'd already had 1 wasted day off work, and this was not acceptable.

Their solution was to take the phone into an o2 store and have it collected there. Not an ideal solution, but the best available, so on the 21st I went into o2 Crawley's store, spoke to the manager and he took delivery of the phone (when asked for a reciept, I was told they couldn't give me one, but to request a copy of the store CCTV for proof, brilliant..)

After calling daily trying to track my phone, I finally recieved an email titled "We got your o2 Insure pickup", and a day later (the 27th) they emailed me saying:

Good day,

We have attempted to source an exact replacement device to fulfil your insurance claim. Up until now those attempts have been unsuccessful. There is an option to accept an alternative handset of similar specification as determined by our technical advisors.

To further discuss these options, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Our offices are open 9am to 7pm (Mon-Fri), 10am to 6pm (Saturday), and our contact number is 0800 012 1553.

Thank you,

Alixandra

Technical Advisor

O2 Insure

So I now have to wait God knows how long I'm going to have to wait, because apparently this is "the lastest phone" (yeah, a year old phone is the latest..) and they don't keep regular stock??

I myself called round 4 local o2 stores, 2 of which have my exact model in stock, but apparently they can't give me one of those because "that's not the way it works"..

All in all an absolute joke.

Anybody else have experience on trying to get a phone out of these money-grabbing idiots, or anyone from o2 (NOT o2 Insure) care to comment? All I want to know is how long to get my phone, not exactly too much to ask for is it?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'm actually cancelling mine tomorrow, 12 a month I pay securing my Z5 premium, going off this case, they will offer me a Z2!!
Message 31 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The problem with any ins policy is that you don't know how good it is until you claim.
I generally don't bother although I did take one online for my daughters iPhone which is underwritten by a reputable company.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis That's interesting, where may I ask did you have access to their stock levels? If I could check myself it would save me my daily call!

Message 33 of 37

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Who you use? Obviously I'm in the market now...
Message 34 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Who you use? Obviously I'm in the market now...

https://www.gadget-cover.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 37

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well @Anonymous
If you click on shop and in search bar type S6 a list comes up with new and refurbished units.
Click on either refurbished and it will show if available.
If available, these are refurb units from anovo where all o2 returns go. Same anovo where all insurance units come from.
Message 36 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great info @viridis thanks, more than the useless ***** at o2 could do for me!

Message 37 of 37