cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Stock Levels & Serious Lack Of Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never using o2 again, will be cancelling as soon as my contract expires.

So, on April the 14th I dropped my Galaxy S6 128GB phone and smashed the screen. Not a problem, I've got o2 insurance, happy days. I wish..

Called that evening, was told no problem at all, the phone would be picked up on the 20th and would be replaced within 5-7 working days.

This *bleep* me off a bit, as before when I was with Orange I made 2 claims over the duration of the contract, both times they sent a replacement handset when they picked up the broken phone. Top service, something o2 should definitely take note of.

So, the 20th came and went, no DPD to collect my phone. spoke to 02 customer service, was told they were very sorry but they'd had numerous complaints with DPD, and that it would be collected tomorrow (21st). I told them I'd already had 1 wasted day off work, and this was not acceptable.

Their solution was to take the phone into an o2 store and have it collected there. Not an ideal solution, but the best available, so on the 21st I went into o2 Crawley's store, spoke to the manager and he took delivery of the phone (when asked for a reciept, I was told they couldn't give me one, but to request a copy of the store CCTV for proof, brilliant..)

After calling daily trying to track my phone, I finally recieved an email titled "We got your o2 Insure pickup", and a day later (the 27th) they emailed me saying:

Good day,

We have attempted to source an exact replacement device to fulfil your insurance claim. Up until now those attempts have been unsuccessful. There is an option to accept an alternative handset of similar specification as determined by our technical advisors.

To further discuss these options, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Our offices are open 9am to 7pm (Mon-Fri), 10am to 6pm (Saturday), and our contact number is 0800 012 1553.

Thank you,

Alixandra

Technical Advisor

O2 Insure

So I now have to wait God knows how long I'm going to have to wait, because apparently this is "the lastest phone" (yeah, a year old phone is the latest..) and they don't keep regular stock??

I myself called round 4 local o2 stores, 2 of which have my exact model in stock, but apparently they can't give me one of those because "that's not the way it works"..

All in all an absolute joke.

Anybody else have experience on trying to get a phone out of these money-grabbing idiots, or anyone from o2 (NOT o2 Insure) care to comment? All I want to know is how long to get my phone, not exactly too much to ask for is it?

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. O2 does not monitor this site. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Bambino
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. O2 does not monitor this site. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know. O2 insure only get what refurb replacements that are available to them 

Message 3 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I know. O2 insure only get what refurb replacements that are available to them 

That is correct.

Your replacement will be a refurb from the stock held by or obtained by the insurance company.

Your EE replacements were refurbs too, btw.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, already done that and emailed and logged calls, thanks slight_smile

And yeah, was aware I would be getting a refurb, that's fine as long as it's working, I just want to know how long it's going to take, days, weeks, months? They can give me no information at all..

Message 5 of 37

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If they don't have stock they will offer you an equivalent or give you the option to wait until they do have stock.
I don't think anyone could honestly tell you how long that could be as it would depend on availability of units to be refurbished.
Hope you get sorted soon though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 37

Bambino
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

That isn't anything we would be able to help with. You'll just have to keep calling.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 37

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear about your experience. The stock issue is probably to do with the 128GB variant being a lot less common than the lower memory size S6's, which I know still doesn't help your situation much. 

If it's definitely the 128GB S6 that you want, and you'd rather not wait, another possibility is getting the screen repaired by Samsung? It means you can keep the same phone (rather than getting a refurbished one). It shouldn't be too much more than the insurance excess anyway. An independent phone repair agent is another option as well, but this may void your warranty.

Hope this helps

C

Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I understand it's less common, but as I've said I've found 7 (3 in 1 store, 4 in another) at o2 locations locally so they're obviously not that uncommon..

I looked into getting the screen replaced myself, the cheapest quote I found was £1225, when compared with a £30 quid excess I'll wait, just wish they could tell me how long..

Surely all it would take is a simple call to the suppliers?
Message 9 of 37

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Rather nulls the whole point of taking out insurance. The OP has in all good faith paid a premium every month so they should show equally good faith and sort the claim out. It's a long time to be with no phone.

Message 10 of 37