cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Default Home Page on Galaxy S4 (Android)

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the settings on my S4 mobile phone the O2 default Home page is supposed to be http://m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active but when I try to go to that page nothing happens - it hangs. Tried chatting to an O2 Guru who talked me through downloading fresh APN settings but this did not work and that seemed to be the sum total of his possible solutions. He suggested I wait 24 hours (a common problem solving technique in O2).  Anyome else experiencing the same problem and if so have you found a solution you would care to share please?

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A final happy comment on this topic.  You are not going to believe this BUT the recalcitrant page is now loading on my S4 without a hiccup.  I am not aware of having done anything to make it work. In fact I had more or less resolved to forget about it then after tea tonight I discovered that the page is displaying as it should.  Benefit of the dount must be given to O2 who were probably fixing the issue quietly in the background!

Happy weekend to all of you Community Gurus wherever you may be. 

View solution in original post

Message 36 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try turning the phone off and on to reboot it.

Clear your browser caches and history.
Are you able to surf the internet ok on the phone via O2 internet ?

Edit : just tried that link on my iPhone and it links just fine.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Servi...

Ensure your local masts are fine by keying in your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried it in my note 3 and works fine too
Message 3 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I set my homepage to google for all round convenience.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Band of Brothers, Damien 1 and MI5 for your replies.  I have been through all the switch off and restart routines as well as restting the APN thingys both manually and by texting ACTIVE to 2020.  None of these has made the slightest bit if difference and O2 status site does not report any work in my locality. I have also checked with some other O2 users and they have the same problem but because O2 support Don't have the problem it  apparently does not exist.

Thanks again for your interest.  If the problem is resolved I will report back. 

Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Has O2 uk cs via phone clarified anything ?

Occasionally situations like these are a glitch and resolve themselves.

Let us know how you fair.
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry and welcome to the Community.

I had the same issue last night on my Note 3. I think it might have been a temporary fault as it was fine again this morning.

Try changing your default home page as suggested above to something you prefer.
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do let is know how you get on slight_smile
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunday 20 April 2014 - Update

I had hoped the problem would have been resolved overnight but despite several restarts and checking APN settings etc I am still unable to connect with that page - http://m.o2.o.uk/device/2active   - Isn't it a bit ironic that O2active is anything but?  I do hate it when things that are supposed to work, don't.  And having gone to the expense of getting a Smartphone from O2 it is quite irritating to read on the O2 page that does display "You'll need a Smartphone to get the most out of our website." -  Gee thanks O2.

I could of course set an alternative page as the home page, as has already been suggested - but that does not quite solve the issue, does it?

Looks like I will just have to put up with it.  :O)) 

Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you considered visiting your most local O2 shop and see an in-store Guru ?
Message 10 of 37