O2 Data Travel experience

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Here's what kind of data speeds I was enjoying whilst roaming in Ireland:

wp_ss_20150121_0003.png

I wasn't really a heavy user though - 10-20 emails a day, occasional Messenger/Whatsapp text here and there, that's about it.

Also noticed that I would not be able to make a call via a VOIP/SIP app. The app showed that I have logged into my VOIP provider's account no problem, but wasn't able to connect my call at all - no dial tone, nothing. Everything worked ok when switched on to WiFi. Never tried Skype or Viber though.

What's your experience with O2 roaming in EU?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

As a mate of interest,  didn't you rather use up the data allowance doing speed checks.  I did for sure. ..

As far as I'm aware, PayM customers get "unlimited" data on Data Travel (here unlimited means that heavy users could get their speeds capped). I done these checks just a couple of times, and not even sure tbh how much data is being consumed  per each check on SpeedTest.

Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I took it as 100mb before speeds are capped but speed tests can use up 50mb. That was what I was trying to say in my own drunken way in the early morning hours here. I did a couple of speed tests in Tenerife and data was practically unusable for the rest of the day.

Message 12 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Good evening to you all, this was my experience last year which I did complain to O2 and got a full refund due to this.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Review-on-O2-Travel-in-France-Belgium-Netherland...
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:
Good evening to you all, this was my experience last year which I did complain to O2 and got a full refund due to this.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Review-on-O2-Travel-in-France-Belgium-Netherland...

Hi @darrengf  Nice to see you back. I remember your thread. It appeared that if you travelled to a country which used a network owned by Telefonica ....there were no issue with data usage. (My experience in Spain using Movistar gave me no problems at all)

Glad to hear you had a good outcome to your complaint and got a full refund wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff Its great to be back. I've been really ill which has prevented me from coming onto the forum, but I'm getting there now so I'm should be making an appearance more often. 😄. Hope your ok and everyone else, I've missed it 😄
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:
Hi @Cleoriff Its great to be back. I've been really ill which has prevented me from coming onto the forum, but I'm getting there now so I'm should be making an appearance more often. 😄. Hope your ok and everyone else, I've missed it 😄

Missed you as well @darrengf  Glad to hear you are the mend and hope to see you back soon...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @darrengf  Nice to see you back.

I agree, lovely to see you back @darrengf and glad to hear you're feeling better!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 17