cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number withheld problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying for months to stop the annoying texts with offers from O2. Whenever I phone the number provided, I get a recorded message telling me that my number has been withheld, so they can't stop the texts. My number is not withheld when I phone anyone else, so can anyone explain this to me please. I have repeatedly gone through Live Chat to try to stop them, and they promise me each time that the texts have been stopped. But, the latest "stopping date" passed 5 days ago, and the texts still keep coming. I can find nothing in my phone settings (Nokia Lumia 920) which says my number is withheld, nor any way of actually withholding it. I successfully stopped the O2 More texts with a method I found on here, but can find nothing which works for these other texts,

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Firstly have a look at this help thread

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

Also if you go into My O2 you can stop marketing texts via the section MORE

More 1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Firstly have a look at this help thread

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

Also if you go into My O2 you can stop marketing texts via the section MORE

More 1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Don't bother with live chat. Call cs and request it yourself http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Clicked on "More", but can find nothing there about stopping texts. Read the help thread before I posted my question, and could find nothing to help me
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Have tried that too. Don't have the time to remain on hold forever. I will try it again as it is a few days since my last marathon wait slight_smile
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. Clicked on "More", but can find nothing there about stopping texts. Read the help thread before I posted my question, and could find nothing to help me

You can look at marketing preferences in the more drop down box and opt out

However if this is only from O2 then contacting customer services as @MI5 said is probably the only way...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the members are suggesting please call CS and see if they can solve the issue first. Try calling in the mornings when the lines are less busy

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
8.00 - 8.30am is best time to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again. There is no sign of marketing preferences in the drop down box under more. I read somewhere before posting that it was no longer an option. I do appreciate your help
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

In the drop down box if you click on it....it shows My Orders and My Choices ...My Choices leads you on to marketing preferences.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16