cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer taking 8 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a number transfer on the 12th and after multiple chases of 02 they told me yesterday they can't do it until the 20th. Thats over 48 hours, even if they failed to do it all week from Friday over 48 hours.....

Can't they transfer numbers at the weekend ? Thats what online chat told me but don't believe that.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 6 days can seem a long time...but can be 7....Personally I took my phone into the O2 shop and they did it for me there and then. Have you used this link? http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

You may need to ring CS again http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Your time waiting for the port seems very long, but for once, Live Chat is correct. O2 doesn't port numbers over the weekend. Personally, I don't understand why that is either. It's not like the computer system needs the weekend off. If your number hasn't ported on Monday, definitely call customer service as @Cleoriff has suggested. It really shouldn't take this long.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The porting team is relatively small, just a few people handling dozens of ports a day. They have never worked weekends, as indeed neither does the complaints department.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait and see then Monday, the online team until yesterday said 3 times tomorrow.... hence I don't have much faith in what I'm told

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When you say "number transfer" are you talking about bringing your number to o2 from another network or something else?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Can you confirm if your number transfer has now been successful? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7