Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is it possible to set up a text alert service that tells you how many texts, minutes and data you have left so that you don't have to log into My O2 to check?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

just txt Balance to 21202 and you get that. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

just txt Balance to 21202 and you get that. slight_smile

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be a nice feature Gemma if O2 did offer that.

Message 3 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Does that only give you your remaining balance and not told you how much data you have left? @Anonymous 

Message 4 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I just tried your suggestion @Anonymous and the response was my remaining text and minute allowance.  It says for data allowance I have to go on My O2.  It's a bit silly if I have little or no data left to have to use it to check it.  The data was what I wanted really as my nephew needs to control his data usage more.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I'm on PAYG - a different platform to Contract - if I send a text 'balance', I'm told of my minutes, texts and Data.

Shame this can't happen for you but to be honest I find it as easy to log into the myo2 app.
Message 6 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

On the last 5 occasions that I asked my nephew to log into My O2 on his phone, he ended up on YouTube and Facebook so i'm still waiting to find out lol.  I think it was renewed 2 or 3 days ago so his allowance should be ok for now but I doubt it'll last more than 2 weeks.

Message 7 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Why does anyone want to know their remaining allowances? tongue

He can't watch numerous YouTube videos if he has only 100MB of data left and 1 week before his allowance refreshes.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

On the last 5 occasions that I asked my nephew to log into My O2 on his phone, he ended up on YouTube and Facebook so i'm still waiting to find out lol.  I think it was renewed 2 or 3 days ago so his allowance should be ok for now but I doubt it'll last more than 2 weeks.

He's going to have to learn self constraint and use his available allowance wisely or be left with Wifi use only until his next anniversary date.

You Tube can use a lot of data along with videos etc on Facebook. 

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gemz4the1 There is an app called Onovo that can give you lots of info about data usage and you can set it up to alert you when you are approaching your data limit. Not sure if that would be of use or interest to you. You can use it on wifi if available so saving your data allowance.
Message 10 of 14