cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voice or data in Chester - Cancellation help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i cancel contract without penalty? Get no service at home, surrounding villages and city centre. No voice and no data. Been like this since July 2015. I live on Chester.

Guardian reported on O2 Chester signal outrage a few months ago:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/25/o2-signal-failure-chester

Tried numerous times with customer services but they are adamant coverage checker says all is fine. It's not.

Am I stuck with this shambolic non-service for the remaining 18 months or can I cancel without penalty?

I'd pay the device settlement, unlock the phone and get a pac code.

Advice/help would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do as you say.
Pay the device and you can cancel the airtime for free and PAC out to another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous....You need to start an official complaint if you wish to.....

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Otherwise if you don't follow this route... then you would have to pay off your contract....as you say..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do as you say.
Pay the device and you can cancel the airtime for free and PAC out to another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Ask for your PAC and pay off your device. You can then cancel the airtime without penalty. It's the only way. Get Pay & Go sims from the other providers to find out which one gives you the best signal in your area before you commit to a contract with anyone else.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

You cant leave penalty free. You have reported it. O2 will fix it but will not give you a timescale. You can pay off your device plan  though as others have said

Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Pay off the device and you are free to do as you wish. Get some free P&G cards to try different networks.

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thinking of going with BT Mobile (EE) as already BT infinity customer. SIM only deal 3GB data, 500mins, unlimited texts for £10 a month.
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you checked EE gives you a good signal?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, used to be with them.
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Then do it.
You'll own the phone, get it unlocked now whilst in contract (it's free) and then stick you BT sim in it - job done slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21