cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in my village

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have lived in my village (Hawkinge in Kent) for 7 years and I have NEVER been able to get a signal. According to the coverage checker everything is hunky dory. Well I can assure you it's not! Can someone be sent to check the coverage and at least update the the coverage checker as it's a load of cobblers!!!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree but that is not a coverage checker it is clearly stated on the coverage checker page the status page is just for current problems not long term checking

IMO the disclaimer should be there too.

How many times have we heard from people checking there and its says all good only to report that it is not.

What do you think @Toby 

Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you there
Message 22 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The area the OP is in is a black spot. It's the same on all the network's coverage checkers. Basically, O2's says good 2G coverage and not much of anything else. They need to try TuGo. Other than that, there isn't anything that can be done, short of putting up a new mast in the area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is where BoostBoxes may be of help if they were not limited to business accounts.

Tugo has it's own issues. 😞
Message 24 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The OP never said if they're Pay Monthly or Pay & Go, so TuGo may not even be an option. They should think about switching to Vodafone. They offer boost boxes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/dec/17/mobile-phone-coverage-4g-3g-signal-complaints-blackspot...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have recently changed the detail on the coverage checker to advise that this is for outdoor coverage only (yes even though further up the page it may state good indoor and outdoor xg coverage). This change was forced by the ASA.

A further complaint was raised to the ASA who stated in their reply that the person reading the page should reasonably be expected to realise the limitations of the coverage checker (which is merely a computer estimate of coverage and is not based on real fact).

Even if advised o2 will not amend the coverage checker as I have found.
Message 27 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 also offer boost boxes but it seems they are limited to customers who have many phones and spend a lot of money for some reason they wont offer them to normal users

Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
damien1 said "o2 also offer boost boxes but it seems they are limited to customers who have many phones and spend a lot of money for some reason they wont offer them to normal users"

BoostBoxes are limited to business customers

I don't believe it's depends on spend limits or the number of handsets taken out. wink
Message 29 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

What i meant was that if they offer them to companies they are likely to stay with o2 with generally more than one handset where as most personal users have one or two contracts they don't seem to care about personal customers

Message 30 of 32