cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile internet (Possible ban)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently switched from an Android phone to a Nokia Lumia 1520, since Friday I have had no success in getting a mobile internet connection. WiFi works fine and I haven't changed any of the APN settings, I have tried resetting all sync options and removing and adding all accounts active on my phone.

Does anyone know of anything else I should be trying to get a successful connection or find out if and why I have had a block on my mobile internet?

*edit*

I am a Pay and Go customer.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I contacted Customer Support in the end, it turns out an automatic filter had blocked my mobile internet due to suspected tethering. I don't tether but everything has been resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is your service status saying ?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Text ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone. (Turn it off and on)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service status page is showing everything is fine, minus 4G which is not yet available here.

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add ensure no airplane mode is toggled on and your mobile data is turned on.

Do you have data allowance in your Payg or do you have credit.

Remove the sim and clean it.

If you've sim swapped to another SIM card then take into account it can take up to 24 hours.

If it continues ring Cs on 4445
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
This might sound a silly question so I apologise in advance but does your payg tariff include data?
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just double checked, flight mode is not enabled, my mobile data is turned on. I have the "H" symbol in the corner of my phone to show that I have a connection, no data is being sent or received though and is acting like there is no data connection.
I have 500MB of internet included with my tarriff, My cycle is the 14th-14th, so as you can see my limit has only recently been reset. I do have credit on my phone also.

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you contacted Cs on 4445 to hsve your account checked.

Are you able to try your SIM card in an alternative phone as a process of elimination.
Message 7 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do calls & texts work OK?
It sounds as though a local mast could be overloaded - I have one in town near me that shows full H+ signal but it is impossible to download anything from it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 20

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Check your access point make sure its set to pay and go not pay monthly
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
How did you get on with the problem @Anonymous ?

Hope you got this resolved. slight_smile
Message 10 of 20