cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No loyalty to customers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just called to cancel my account and no effort was made to keep me as a customer no thank you for 6 years with O2 absolutely no loyalty whatsoever ever well I might just be one customer but if you treat all your customers like this then it's no wonder your broadband service ended up with Sky
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Community.

It depends on what you asked and how you asked it. If you said something like "Hello. I need a pac code" then they have done as you asked.

If you said something like "Hello. I am thinking of changing network. .." then they would have discussed your options
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I said I was thinking about cancelling my account and that I was really happy with O2 but didnt think they could help me get what I wanted. I went on to say I was interested in the iPhone 6 but thought the tariff was a bit pricey. They went on to say my account will end on 27/03. No options no effort to help just straight cancel
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Another adviser may have been totally different and that's really a sad thing that it depends on who you speak to. I got a good deal and a loyalty discount when I spoke to retentions.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No one is getting deals on iPhones though - best to just shop around the independent re-sellers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It seems evident looking at the time the OP posted that the advisor was probably ready to 'clock off' and leave work. I would certainly try again (probably tomorrow morning).

However as MI5 says.... there are no deals to be done with O2 re the iPhone. You would need to shop around for that..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That cpw deal on o2 5gb is very very reasonable imo
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
That cpw deal on o2 5gb is very very reasonable imo

Is that the £38 pm one you showed last week @viridis ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to the live chat guys and they gave me an iPhone 6 on the same tarrif im on now so I'm not paying any more than I have done no upfront cost either which is what I wanted it took about 5 mins and they were more helpful than the retention a agent.
Message 10 of 15