cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection on Mercedes Benz car

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I bought a brand new 2015 MB S class in March this year. I use iPhone 6 plus on O2 monthly. Since March, I failed to establish any internet connection to the command system. The dealer tried several times to no avail. Blue tooth, tethering and wi fi all switched on. I can make and receive phone calls, but no internet at all. It gives me this message (internet connection is temporary unavailable). I have another car BMW X5 there no problem whatsoever. First it has its own internet connection which is independent from the phone and second it works all over the UK even where there is no network phone connection. My questions are: is the problem with MB is related to O2 or is it a problem in the car itself? And why MB uses the phone network to connect? Appreciate answers please thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's an ongoing issue which is effected by the O2 carrier file on iPhones.
Other networks work OK and changing the apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" enables the connection but cuts off some other specific iPhone features, such as visual voicemail.
Another thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Internet-connection-in-Mercedes-C-Class/m-p/8390...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community! Did you try MI5's recommendation?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for that. I will try it tomorrow and feedback to you.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've tried everything with no success. No other options. The dealer can't fix it. Not sure what can be done to get connected. I have tried M15 recommendation it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nothing else we can suggest.
It's clearly a problem with the O2 apn so all you can do is call CS and ask for tech services to look into the problem for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6