cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service 28/01/2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a new handset on Monday for which i needed a new sim that included 4g. Phone was working fine however no 3 or 4g or internet in general was available as my phone was apparently no set up for internet (my upgraded tarrif was for 10GB). I phoned regarding this and was informed it was all sorted just by a tick of a box and by tuesday morning (today) i just needed to turn my phone off and on and all would be sorted. Did this and now have no internet or network in general. Because of this i obviously couldn't phone o2 for help and with work committments could use a landline. Used the o2 guru online and after a couple of different helpers was told its just a technicalfault that has affected all people that made a change to their bolt-ons yesterday and they're trying to fix it.  They're unsure how long it will take.

Has anyone else experience this and got any network back?

I was really excited about upgrading my phone and very nearly didn't stay with o2 but after nearly a decade with them I decided to stay put but having no phone when I really need it for work etc and just a simple upgrade being so troublesome I'm beginning to question my decision.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

iphone 6.

Tried texting but as no service won't deliver.

They said i had the wrong bolt-on initially which is what they changed yesterday but since today I have had no service at all.

apparently my sim, network coverage in my area and my phone are all working correctly and its just this strange technical fault but it's no clearer when or how it will be fixed.

It does appear to be something wrong with the bolt on if this happened today after the 'new one' was given yesterday.

Either an O2 store or contacting O2 CS via a landline is your best bet...?

0344 809 0202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which phone do you have.

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and turn the phone of and on.

Apn's are here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

Check your masts : Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail}
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

What phone do you have and what did you have before?  It's  possible you may have the incorrect data bolt on.

Are you in a 4G area?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

iphone 6.

They said i had the wrong bolt-on initially which is what they changed yesterday but since today I have had no service at all.

apparently my sim, network coverage in my area and my phone are all working correctly and its just this strange technical fault but it's no clearer when or how it will be fixed.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

iphone 6.

It does appear to be something wrong with the bolt on if this happened today after the 'new one' was given yesterday.

Either an O2 store or contacting O2 CS via a landline is your best bet...?

0344 809 0202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I have the exact same problem and was told about an hour ago the same as you - and it would be a max of 4-5 hours until they will fix it.  Its affected lots of people apparently.

Message 6 of 6