cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim won't work, keeps saying No Service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have bought a new iPhone 5 and although I've done the sim swap on O2 twice now and waited for 24hrs my new phone still keeps saying No Service.

Also, it says that my mobile number on my new phone is unknown, does this mean that the sim isn't active?

HELP!

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone says no service selected o2 uk unavailable , it was working an hour ago .

Check your postcode for any issues here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Also check the advice on this thread: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

NBB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My new sim arrived yesterday. I completed the sim swap, no service on my old phone and my new phone did have service for a bit. But as of last night I’ve had no service (on both phones). Was the service I received for a few hours just a glitch? Do I need to wait till 24 hours is up to see if it changes again?
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NBB 

Keep rebooting phone until it comes online.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13