cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer vs Exisiting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Firstly i would like to express how [removed] i am with the online chat who neevr seem to understand what i am trying to say,

I have been with O2 for close to 15 years and am finally now getting annoyed.

My wife who is under my contract wants a new phone which she can upgrade to, currently there is a double data deal which seems good, but expires this month when her contract is up next month (30th July).

Now my query is why do new customers get the same deal as exisiting? if i buy a new contract its the same price. SO this "upgrade" isnt really an upgrade at all its just a new contract, surely they should want to entice people to stay with them?

I have looked at giff gaff can get unlimted everything for £20 a month and buy the phone outright wnd make a saving, obviouly finding the month out right is a pain. and they even run on the o2 network so a win.

Ive been told i have retention offers which obviously annot be told till contract expires, buy then this data deal witll be over.

Why dont o2 value their customers? on one contract alone i have spent over £5500 in my time with them and have a 2nd contract too.

ANd just getting fobbd off by the online chat is infurating.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

JillHunter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually new customers can get better deals.  And forget going in store when they can't (or won't) offer any SIM only deal which is less than £20/month

Message 12 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

To be honest if you do your research you do much better deals than uswitch and comparision sites as well.... 

I can get an o2 unlimited esim for £20 slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 13