cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently replaced my Sim card for a new nano card on an upgrade.
Firstly i've had to get a sim adapter. And now i can't make outgoing calls. I've tried the good old "turn it off, turn it on" cure all many times over the past 48 hours and i still can't make any calls. I can send and receive texts though so it's not all bad i suppose. Has anyone any suggestions?
Thank you
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've followed the wonderful advice from everyone. And i called the O2 helpline and spoke to an amazing lady who really spent a lot of time with me talking me through each stage of the upgrade and sim swap and the problem has now been fixed.
I do however need to be honest about the cause of my issue.
We had had four new nano sims sent to us as we've upgraded everything at the same time.
As it turns out i'd put my sim from the Ipad into my Iphone. I think it's important that i be very honest and admit i'd messed up here. So i'm really sorry to have bothered everybody with my question. And if anyone else finds that they are having similar problems, might be an idea to first check you have the correct sim in the correct device before getting into the technical stuff.
Thanks again everyone. You are all very helpful and kind.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at your masts here http://status.o2.co.uk and at this thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

LOOK AT THIS FIRST : Have you sim swapped here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Thus moves your number and tariff from your old sim to your new nano s and takes from a few minutes to approx 24 Hours to settle. Turn the phone off and on throughout this period to help reset the connection.
Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Possibly something went wrong with sim swap.
Best to contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an iPhone as you mention a nano sim try :

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.
Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If you have an iPhone as you mention a nano sim try :

Possibly, I guess, but if so, why the adapter?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully awaiting that answer from the Op.
Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Oh and as texts are working do we presume the sim swap had already been done?
Perhaps Dizzyb23 can confirm that too please?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd done the sim swap using the O2 swap sim process. It all went through ok till i realised that the nano sim was obviously too small so i had to wait a while to get hold of an adapter.
Got one the following day and inserted the sim.
Did the turn of turn on thing a few times. I can receive calls, send and receive texts, use all apps ok and browse the internet. The only thing i can't do is make calls.
Hope all this info is ok. New to the O2 community forum.
Thanks you all for your replies so far. Very kind. I will have a go at the suggestions.
Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like your port has failed partially.
Might be an idea to call CS and get them to check.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20