cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract (Refub) Cancelled Within Cooling Off Period But Got Charged Cancellation Fee?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peeps

New to the O2 family. I originally had an iPhone 6 with a different provider and on Friday phone life ended as I accidently drop the phone and entire screen smashed and damage to the entire body frame. 

I needed a phone and opted for the Z3 Compact Refurb on O2 Refresh. So Placed order on 28th November 2015, arrived 30th November 2015. On that day I placed the O2 sim into the Z3 Compact contacted O2 Customer Service (202). 

I paid the entire device plan off and payment was sucessful. Got advised the airtime plan was cancelled an no more charge will be applied just a final bill with aynthing that I may have used (which I haven't so far not unless calls to 202 are chargable :p).

During that call just before saying good bye, the call dropped and I got a weird message on the phone saying SIM Not Provisioned or something. So I guess the airtime plan was cancelled. 

However today my heart skipped many beats I guess LOL. Got an email saying your bill is ready of a whopping £170.13. I contacted O2 support via live chat and explained everything. Got told everything is ammened and in the next 3-5 days the bill will be updated so I won't be paying for anything. It was a system error as I had paid off device plan within the cooling off period.

Just wanted to know if this happened to anyone? I don't want money leaving my account.

Can someone from O2 confirm this has been corrected? 😛

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Unfortunately this forum isnt monitored by O2, it is a customer to customer forum, to contact O2 you'd have to give them a call (best between 08:00 - 08:30 to avoid holding on for a while).

I'm guessing the bill for £170.13 was the amount you paid for the device? If so it could just be that the system hasn't been updated with your payment/

Best to give them a call to confirm though to ensure you're not charged twice.
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Please forget live chat for this issue. Call customer service and the problem will be sorted. If you feel strongly enough to make a complaint send an email to the address in this link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a common system glitch.
It will sort itself out, but like everything, it will be eventually or when you find the right person to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...

Spoke to customer service. 

Got advised it's been updated but can take 3 working days. I will get an email about the changes which will reflect on my bill. Got told it was a system error it automatically kicks in when you pay off device plan. Got told not to worry and if nothing is done by Friday to give them a call. Got a reference number to keep track of.

So I will update in the next couple of days the outcome grin

Thanks for your help peeps.

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's about time they fixed the system.
It's been doing it for years.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update... got it fixed I think.

Now it says...

Total new charges -£169.57
Balance brought forward £170.13

Total amount due
£0.56
You have payments outstanding.
Please contact O2 Customer Service or visit www.o2.co.uk immediately to make a payment.

Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Much better to have a 56p bill slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17