Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network modernisation programme

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where i work the 3G signal was dodgy today, so went on the status page and saw this

"Your service might come and go until we've finished.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal."

Thing is we have 4G in the area and have for a year now, so what does it mean by "roll out 4G has reached this area". 3G signal is dodgy so could it just be improving that instead

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Who knows what O2 mean by that in your case?
It might be a nearby area is being upgraded and your mast is getting extra load (hence the dodgy 3g) or it could be a replacement of the fibre backhaul, but either way it just sounds like a generic error message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well the 3g where i work has overcapacity masts as o2 admitted this years ago, so im hoping its adding more capacity as part of the modernisation programme
Message 3 of 3