cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My i phone 4 has just started exhibiting No Service in it's top left hand corner for no apparent reason, I am in credit and the phone is charged. I have tried switching off and back on to no avail!

Can anybody help please?

Nick Young

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No worries - There was that huge disaster with 8.01 and a few still reported issues with 8.02 - You would hope it was fixed with 8.1 though......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

GeorgeStark
Level 3: Thinker
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Pretty sure my iPhone 6 was loaded with iOS 8 and I then updated directly to iOS 8.1.  All of the issues I've had with the phone (and there are quite a few but none are too annoying) have been since I updated it to 8.1.  I'd be happy if I could get to the bottom of the 2G/3G/4G toggle, which is ongoing in another couple of threads.  😞

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the iPhone 6 models were all shipped with iOS 8

iOS 8.0.1 caused the No Service issues for some and iOS 8.0.2 caused some to have WiFi Issues or some.

iOS 8.1 has resolved the wifi issue on my iPad air.

I didn't have the issues in my iPhone 6 plus.

The toggle you speak of is by way I believe of a carrier update from O2.

O2 Social Media say it's Apple. And Apple say it's O2.

Myself and another member have spoken to Apple and they have advised of so.

We are still awaiting of an answer to those findings from 02 Social Media.
Message 13 of 16

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think the O2 social media team's last response here (about the 2G/3G/4G toggle), was that it's an Apple thing and O2 can't change it by way of a carrier settings update (?).  That's certainly how they've resonded to me via Twitter (twice).

Have they said that they'll look into it further?

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I asked @Chris_K via flagging him to look into what Apple said to me. I posted the transcript of the Apple reps conversation with me.
Message 15 of 16

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I asked @Chris_K via flagging him to look into what Apple said to me. I posted the transcript of the Apple reps conversation with me.

Yeah, I know...I'm a part of that thread too.  Since you posted that transcript (which was good thinking, btw), nobody from the O2 social media team has posted anything in that thread.  Have they (or ChrisK himself) contacted you directly to say that it's being looked into?

Message 16 of 16